Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should we legalize drug use for adult Americans

How to be a "Straight edge"

a) Consider yourself better than everyone else. This usually stems from being a big fish in a small pond, the smartest kid in the worst school, somewhere around the 20th percentile of the population overall.

b) Due to lack of contact with people operating at your level of intelligence, become an angry loner.

c) As an angry loner, fail at everything in life. Crappy job, no girlfriend, not much in the way of friends.

d) To reconcile your personal inadequacies with your inflated ego, blame Society.

e) You need an outlet for your rage, so you get together with 4 or so guys, hang around areas with pubs/clubs and bash people too intoxicated to fight back.

f) To justify your aggression, believe in some baseless mystical drivel. Since you dropped out of uni after your first year to pursue a life of resentful nightfill at the local supermarket you don't really know any better.

g) Tattoo Xs across your hands to solidify your place in the world.

Sorry but you can't expect much better from a philosophy with its origins in 1980s punk lyrics. I think about the only point we've left untouched is whether this is one of the straight edgers that also commits violence against homosexuals given the opportunity. This is a philosophy with the ultimate conclusion that "Its not ok to get coffee, but it is ok to walk around and find women to kick in the face".

Apologies to all the lifestyle straight edges out there, who have simply made a lifestyle choice to not take drugs. This post is not directed towards you.
    Last edited by Symbiote; 01-09-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    He or she who supports a State organized in a military way whether directly or indirectly participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes.

~ Gandhi

Seer travis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Just read the website.
    It was written by a delusional XXXXX.
    Your personal attacks and dismissive attitude prove
    My intellectual Superiority. I remain triumphant.

Same to the post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Seer travis View Post
    Your personal attacks and dismissive attitude prove
    My intellectual Superiority. I remain triumphant.

Same to the post above.
    No it doesnt. We laugh at clowns because they are funny, not because they are intellectually superior.

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    No it doesnt. We laugh at clowns because they are funny, not because they are intellectually superior.
    OMG.. Amazing. You and I actually agree on something. The world is coming to an end. Armageddon is happening right now (Or not).
    ‎"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov

The OP asks "Should we legalize drug use for adult amerikkkans?"

Well, the fact is society control you, you have no legitimate freedom. Society tells you it is good to take drugs, and you are all too happy to oblige, so taht you can run away from the cold reality of your miserable existence.
    Soon enough you will learn that your attitude and saying "You're all slaves and I'm free" doesn't impress anyone. It just makes you look like some loser trying to sound smart by holding some viewpoint that not many people hold. Sooner or later you'll learn that we are not easily impressed.

DQ1a. The correct answer is no. However, that is a moot point. Currently, all illegal drugs are in wide spread use.
    By that logic, we should void all laws. After all, law doesn't stop murder, rape, or theft from happening.

DQ1b. It is a matter of drugs being societally-sponsered. Society currently has mental control over you citizen-slaves. It controls how your mind works and what you think. You are just drones.
    You don't impress anyone by saying that you can free us. You just sound like some leftover punk who's trying to sound smart by holding a radical viewpoint. I'd also like to know how you figure that society advocates drug use. Also, if the government and society are linked and society does advocate drug use, then why does the government stand so firmly against it?

DQ1c. Society has made certain forms of clothing only available to females. Do we see males wearing this clothing? No! Society has successfully brainwashed you to think that men cannot wear pink dresses. However, there is no reason why this should be. Non-societal sponsership of public nudity and wearing a dress simply co-erces you lot into conformity.
    That's why I assume you don't wear a pink skirt every day. Are you a punk by any chance? By punk I mean some retard with a stupid-looking dyed mohawk or liberty spikes or whatever.

DQ1d. Also, raping females is not "socially acceptable" unless it is in private and your rape your wife.
    I don't know how you figure it's socially acceptable to rape your wife. You're delusional.

It is not possible to rape women in public centers, because you citizen-slave believe that to be unacceptable, as society instructed you. It is NOT the law that did that - it was lack of societal sponsership and demonisation of rape. This relates to point DQc3, in that both unacceptable forms of behaviour may be stopped regardless of legality or otherwise.
    This makes social pressure a good thing. It keeps such rapes from happening, for the most part.

Would you be happier if public rapes happened every day?

DQ1e. It is "hip" and "trendy" to have a drink, and is often considered "social drinking". It is considered culturally amiss to refuse a drink if all others are drinking.
    At this level, social pressure isn't a bad thing. If you can control yourself drinking won't kill you.

DQ1f. Peer Pressure is often responsible for uptake of drinking. It is really the peers acting on behalf of society and culture to co-erce and harass non-drug takes into taking drugs.

DQ1g. It is considered "square" never to try drugs. That carries a societally-sponsored negative label.

Conclusion DQ1 : Society currently societally sponsers taking drugs. Society WANTS you to take drugs, rather than act out your real True Reality. (TR is defined on My website). Therefore, it is not legality that counts - but societal sponsorship.
    I don't see how you figure society advocates drug use. That's a personal choice.

Society cannot make you do anything. You make it sound like society is something that tears all your clothes off and forces you to bend over so you can conform to it, and that normal people are all mindless zombies controlled by some supernatural force that says "take drugs, don't rape women in public." In your mind, you are superior to all of us who are slaves to some societal heirarach whose existance you can't prove.

Sooner or later you'll find that your "I know more than all of you" attitude doesn't impress anyone. And your radical beliefs don't impress anyone either. On this forum, we have seen Nazis, we have seen Communists, we have seen environmentalists who say we should go back to the stone age, we have seen people who think pedophilia should be legalized, and we have seen every radical you can imagine. Nothing makes you more impressive than any of them. And you don't impress us by telling us that you're smarter and better than all of us.
    Last edited by admin; 01-11-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: name calling
    My imaginary friend left me. He said his other friends didn't believe in me.

Spending our way out of the recession is like drinking our way out of alcoholism.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

Isn't it kinda funny how punks are against conformity, yet they all have pretty much the same style?
    Last edited by Ethmi; 01-10-2010 at 07:26 AM.

Spending our way out of the recession is like drinking our way out of alcoholism.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

Seer travis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethmi View Post
    Isn't it kinda funny how punks are against conformity, yet they all have pretty much the same style?
    Isn't it kinda funny that you simply do not know what you are talking about, and you have absolutely no reason to presume I am a punk?

Why would I be a punk? Its nothing to do with what I am saying. It just makes no sense.

Seer travis Guest
    Is this the garbage I have to answer to?

Seer : DQ1e. It is "hip" and "trendy" to have a drink, and is often considered "social drinking". It is considered culturally amiss to refuse a drink if all others are drinking.
    At this level, social pressure isn't a bad thing. If you can control yourself drinking won't kill you.
    Conceeds point DQ1e.

Quote Seer:
    DQ1f. Peer Pressure is often responsible for uptake of drinking. It is really the peers acting on behalf of society and culture to co-erce and harass non-drug takes into taking drugs.

DQ1g. It is considered "square" never to try drugs. That carries a societally-sponsored negative label.

Conclusion DQ1 : Society currently societally sponsers taking drugs. Society WANTS you to take drugs, rather than act out your real True Reality. (TR is defined on My website). Therefore, it is not legality that counts - but societal sponsorship.
    I don't see how you figure society advocates drug use. That's a personal choice.
    Wow.

Seer travis Guest
    I notice that CunxTime has failed to answer to post #44, and forfeited the debate. I win.

I couldn't help but notice that you keep on claiming that you're smarter than everyone else when you ignored most of my post.

Is this the garbage I have to answer to?
    World's smallest violin playing for you.

Conceeds point DQ1e.
    Acknowledging the existance of social pressure does not mean acknowledging it as a bad thing. Even you can't deny that if there was no social pressure to not murder, rape, or rob banks, then murders, rapes and bank robberies would be much more common.

Wow.
    Wow. You didn't answer the question. Once again, you haven't explained how society advocates drug use. There may be a bit of pressure among teens by drug dealers to take drugs, but then again there's also organizations such as AbovetheInfluence, S.A.D., etc. And due to the threat of someone calling the police (as many do not find drug abuse socially acceptable), drug dealers have to keep their drug business on a somewhat low profile. It's called social pressure.
    Last edited by Ethmi; 01-12-2010 at 06:24 AM.

~ Thomas Jefferson

I notice that CunxTime has failed to answer to post #44, and forfeited the debate. I win.
    So what do you want, a medal?
    Last edited by Ethmi; 01-11-2010 at 08:56 AM.

~ Thomas Jefferson

Isn't it kinda funny that you simply do not know what you are talking about, and you have absolutely no reason to presume I am a punk?

Why would I be a punk? Its nothing to do with what I am saying. It just makes no sense.
    I didn't say you were a punk, I just asked if anyone else thought punks were weird.
    Last edited by Ethmi; 01-11-2010 at 06:27 PM.

~ Thomas Jefferson

Wow!
    You must a real legend in you own head.
    Time to get out another tissue champ!

I don't smoke weed, but I think it should be legalized. I don't think any of the harder drugs should be legal though.

Seer travis Guest
    Ah, I see that I have emerged victorious.