Post your setup?

Post your photo equipment. Mine:

Bodies:

Nikon D40
    Nikon N75 (new! yay)

Lenses:

18-55mm F3.5-5.6 DX AF-S
    50mm F1.8D AF
    "They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years, and [heck], we're not using it anymore."
    -Jay Leno

All my wife's, I fear:

2 x Nikon F80
    Nikon D70
    Nikon D300
    Nikon 28-105 3.5-5.6 macro zoom
    Nikon 28-200 3.5-5.6 zoom
    Nikon 18-35 3.5 zoom
    Nikon 50mm 1.8 prime
    Nikon 70-300mm 5.6 IS zoom
    Nikon 300mm 2.8 prime
    Tamron 90mm 3.? macro
    1.5x 2.0x and 3.0x teleconverters
    SB28 (iirc) speedlight
    SB-600 speedlight

On the horizon: D700.

Wow. Good stuff.
    "They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years, and [heck], we're not using it anymore."
    -Jay Leno

The 50mm prime is a terrific workhorse and very cheap for the optical quality; you've made a good choice there. A couple of our lenses (the 28-200 and 28-105) were bought back when we weren't really sure what we were doing; they're handy to bolt on and carry around all day but a 12mp camera just makes mincemeat of them. That was a real shock, actually: my wife was so excited when she got her D300 but the first few pictures we took looked worse than with the D70! It was only when we tried the 50mm and then the Tamron macro we realised the camera was out-resolving the consumer zooms.

Example from Tamron + D300

Download the original (6mb) and view at 100%.
    Last edited by Peeling; 09-30-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Bwahahaha UPGRADE! Yes!

Nikon D70s with 18-70mm.

Sold the D40.

Gonna sell the 18-55, and possibly the 18-70 and save up for a Tamron 17-50. Thats in the future though. Love the D70s btw. Overall tons more awesome than the D40.
    -Jay Leno

Pentax *istDS. And a lot of old lenses, including a really great 55mm 1.4 Super Takumar. (yep. Screwmount)

When I use film, Nikon F, Nikon EL2, Voightlander Prominent, Contax II, or Leica IIIc.

And sometimes, a Voigtlander Perkeo. How about a pocketable medium format camera that takes great pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Pentax *istDS. And a lot of old lenses, including a really great 55mm 1.4 Super Takumar. (yep. Screwmount)

When I use film, Nikon F, Nikon EL2, Voightlander Prominent, Contax II, or Leica IIIc.

And sometimes, a Voigtlander Perkeo. How about a pocketable medium format camera that takes great pictures?
    Wow lol. Can that 55mm AF?
    -Jay Leno

Wow lol. Can that 55mm AF?
    Nope. Dumb lenses, smart photographers. That's how it used to be. The old rangefinders made you do everything. I've been sort of dumbed down by the auto everything on the Pentax. (I do have autofocus lenses; I just find that the old ones often work better for a lot of applications.

It's really interesting to know, I really appreciate this knowledge, I want to know more about this article, It's really helpful knowledge for me. Thanks in advance.