Thread: New York Yankees 2008

New York Yankees 2008

Joe Torre is a great baseball man and will be missed, but new manager Joe Girardi is a good choice for his successor. Girardi was a member of the great team of the late 1990s. He knows what it means to win as a Yankee and, like Torre, was a catcher who knows how to handle pitchers. And pitching is the key to this club with young phenoms Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy and Joba Chamberlain. I was afraid they were going to sacrifice Phil Hughes for Santana. That would have been a mistake. The Yankees have their ace in Chien-Ming Wang, a 19-game-winner the last two years. Veterans Andy Pettitte and Mike Mussina round out the rotation with 451 regular season victories between them. Pettitte is a "true Yankee."

The infield is solid. A-Rod is looking forward to another great year at third, and I am impressed by the hard play of Shelley Duncan in spring training. Hopefully, he will get his chance at first base.

There is some concern about an aging outfield. Johnny Damon has had second thoughts. Matsui and Abreu continue to be strong RBI men. We shall see how much they have left.

2008 is the last year for the old Stadium. There will be memories and emotions. The All-Star Game will be played in the Bronx. Girardi is wearing number 27 on his jersey, leaving no doubt as to his mission, to lead the New York Yankees to their 27th World Championship.

Yankees official http://www.yankees.com
    God Given Talent CD @ my site

And yet the Yankees still have a ####-poor pitching rotation. They'll choke again this post season!
    Democrats campaigned on transparency. Yessireebob! They're transparent alright! People are seeing RIGHT THROUGH THEM!!

The Official Flag of the American Left
    http://www.worldclassflags.com/productimages/cf_ussr.gif

You were right Bassman. What can I say? Maybe 2009 will be better with C.C. Sabathia and A.J. Burnett.

Wang is the best love him so much

Wang was doing great until he got hurt.
    God Given Talent CD @ my site