Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough Archie

Enough is enough Archie

I'm tired of it. I am tired of the name calling and the constant slander. In the course of about 2 hours, I've had AA question my sexuality, my intelligence, my motives, and was again called cowardly and dishonest. Enough already.

Here's the latest accusation of dishonesty from AA, the accusation is quoted below.

Another example of your cowardly debating style. Here is CxTs response to my post challenging her dating of the big bang, and she never claimed I misinterpreted her at all . All she did was back pedal which is alot more honest than your attempts to confuse and obfuscate when cornered.
    Once again, rather than respond in a rational way (read my previous posts for what promoted this outburst), I am accused of being a dishonest coward. Will anything ever be done about such behaviour?
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

"Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

Archangel Guest
    All anyone has to do is go back and read how you broke into my responses to a debate I'm having with lyte, as usual; and hijacked it once again as you or your buddies do in every single debate I have with someone. So why should I rehash it again like some old bitty when everyone can go and read the disingenuous style of debating that is your hallmark around here. So no thanks TQ, I have enough to keep up with around here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    All anyone has to do is go back and read how you broke into my responses to a debate I'm having with lyte, as usual; and hijacked it once again as you or your buddies do in every single debate I have with someone. So why should I rehash it again like some old bitty when everyone can go and read the disingenuous style of debating that is your hallmark around here. So no thanks TQ, I have enough to keep up with around here lately.
    Back up your claim of my dishonesty in that thread, or apologize and retract it. Those are the only two options available to you here.
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
    Pick one or the other, you can't have both. A working defintion of insanity could be an inability to cope with reality. Archie is never going to act civilly, he's never going to give anyone an honest debate. I would think this would be screamingly obvious by now. Don't be nuts and try to get him to act politely. Asfor his accustions, who cares?! I would venture to say that there isn't a single person on this forum who takes him seriously, so why care in the least what he thinks of you? Seriously, nothing good will come out of any attempt to discuss anything with Archie, and there's no one who is going to believe anything he says, so what's the point in causing yourself all this aggrivation? Archie is self defeating, there's no need for you to knock yourself.

Sorry if this crosses some sort of ettiquite line, but if there's any forum where brutal honesty about someone's debating style is called for, I figure it's this one.

All true. My point here is more to try and make AA aware that he is acting in an inappropriate manner, whether through general consensus or by admonition by admin. I've long since given up hope of having rational discourse with him.
    Isaac Asimov

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post
    All true. My point here is more to try and make AA aware that he is acting in an inappropriate manner, whether through general consensus or by admonition by admin. I've long since given up hope of having rational discourse with him.
    Why? Do you really think you're going to trigger some sort of self awareness in Archie, make him turn over a new leaf? Do you really think anything you say or do will have any effect on his self perception at all? And that wasn't sarcasm, that's a serious question.

Why? Do you really think you're going to trigger some sort of self awareness in Archie, make him turn over a new leaf? Do you really think anything you say or do will have any effect on his self perception at all? And that wasn't sarcasm, that's a serious question.
    Well, to be honest, I did think that until you vocalized it. Now it seems kind of a stupid thing to expect from him.
    Isaac Asimov

Oscar Wilde

Archangel Guest
    Oh I'm self aware Kronus. I'm not sume senseless bacteria as you would imply. And Why should you not be warned by admin for speaking about me as if I'm a brain dead lunatic?

Kronus
    Pick one or the other, you can't have both. A working defintion of insanity could be an inability to cope with reality. Archie is never going to act civilly, he's never going to give anyone an honest debate. I would think this would be screamingly obvious by now. Don't be nuts and try to get him to act politely. Asfor his accustions, who cares?! I would venture to say that there isn't a single person on this forum who takes him seriously, so why care in the least what he thinks of you? Seriously, nothing good will come out of any attempt to discuss anything with Archie, and there's no one who is going to believe anything he says, so what's the point in causing yourself all this aggrivation? Archie is self defeating, there's no need for you to knock yourself.

Sorry if this crosses some sort of ettiquite line, but if there's any forum where brutal honesty about someone's debating style is called for, I figure it's this one.
    This is a personal attack that assumes that every debate I have ever participated in has been a lie and a fraud. This is nothing more that a slanderous diatribe meant to defame and insult my intelligence once again which is the standard MO for you guys. So how am I supposed to respond to this? With a nod and a wink?

Oh I'm self aware Kronus. I'm not sume senseless bacteria as you would imply. And Why should you not be warned by admin for speaking about me as if I'm a brain dead lunatic?

This is a personal attack that assumes that every debate I have ever participated in has been a lie and a fraud. This is nothing more that a slanderous diatribe meant to defame and insult my intelligence once again which is the standard MO for you guys. So how am I supposed to respond to this? With a nod and a wink?
    Do you plan on backing up your accusation? That is your primary purpose in this thread. Or are you going to apologize and retract the accusation that I was dishonest in the above mentioned thread?
    Isaac Asimov

Oscar Wilde

Archangel Guest
    Do you plan on backing up your accusation? That is your primary purpose in this thread. Or are you going to apologize and retract the accusation that I was dishonest in the above mentioned thread?
    I have nothing to apologize. When you and your buddies apologize for the hundreds of times you have insulted my intelligence and my honesty then I'll consider kissing and making up with you. Until then, I'm breaking up with you. So stop writing to me because I want nothing to do with you.

Well, to be honest, I did think that until you vocalized it. Now it seems kind of a stupid thing to expect from him.
    Glad to be of service.

Well, since you're the one refering to yourself as a brain dead lunatic and not me, i'd say that question is self answering!

See T.Q., this is a perfect example. He got everything I said wrong, it's all non-sequitor, but I'm not sweating it. Anyone, including the admin, who sees this will see the truth, I don't need to try to get Archie to admit it, I don't need to hammer it home with a point by point analysis. I confess I do have a bit of fun at his expense, not the most noble thing I could do, but I'm only human!

I have nothing to apologize. When you and your buddies apologize for the hundreds of times you have insulted my intelligence and my honesty then I'll consider kissing and making up with you. Until then, I'm breaking up with you. So stop writing to me because I want nothing to do with you.
    This seems to me to be a clear violation of the purpose of this forum. AA has accused me of dishonesty in the above mentioned post, and has again declined the opportunity to defend his accusation. By admin's own words:

"I want people to know if they call someone a liar, they will probably have to prove it. If they can't prove it and continue to call someone a liar, they may get banned."
    Isaac Asimov

Oscar Wilde

It's now been almost 72 hours since I began this thread, with AA's last post in here a flat declaration that he has no intention of supporting his accusation, nor does he intend to retract it. At this point, what actions will be taken?
    Isaac Asimov

Oscar Wilde

No action will be taken. Just look at my thread with Dane. Dane just repeated the same BS and there is no accountability. AA is just as wrong as Dane and we all know it.

Your time spent trying to reason with these people is wasted and you are better off using the "ignore user" feature.

Simple Fact T.Q:

AA will never ever ever back his claims up.
    AA will always resort to the list of 11 behaviors I've laid out in the pat

In many ways, his use of accusations is an admission he has no argument. Just let it rest. In the same way that Marc9000 calls everyone who disagrees with him troll/liberal/atheist, AA uses slander. So every time you see them do that, remind yourself, they just admitted they got nothing. Trying to force them to back up nothing is futile when you know they got nothing.
    "You are, of course, free to make your own calls on how much rationality you want to impose upon yourself." - Kronus