Thread: moderators test

moderators test

I'm getting some complaints about having moderators. I think its just that posters can't be moderators, others think it shows bias. So I will take it over.
    Thanks for trying. It was a big help.
    Admin

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'm getting some complaints about having moderators. I think its just that posters can't be moderators, others think it shows bias. So I will take it over.
    Thanks for trying. It was a big help.
    Admin
    I can't say I'm surprised. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
    I can't say I'm surprised. Good luck!
    Thanks to you and steeeeve for the help in starting the liars corner.

I wonder where those complaints were coming from

Kronus and Steeeeve were doing a perfectly fine job here. I'd like to extend my thanks to them as well.

Good job guys
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

"Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post

Kronus and Steeeeve were doing a perfectly fine job here. I'd like to extend my thanks to them as well.

Good job guys
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post

Good job guys
    Thanks

You know where the complaints are coming from and I feel it is a shame because I know Kronus is a highly unbiased person when it comes to judging and is well respected by the reasonable posters on this forum. I say this even though we pretty much disagree on everything.

I really was hoping the "Liar's Corner" would become a forum to weed out the posters who are causing issues but it seems like this will be a hard thing to accomplish now. I highly doubt the admin has time to investigate everything and I fear more bickering as a result.

Those are just my thoughts! My thanks to the admin for giving it an honest go

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    You know where the complaints are coming from and I feel it is a shame because I know Kronus is a highly unbiased person when it comes to judging and is well respected by the reasonable posters on this forum. I say this even though we pretty much disagree on everything.
    Sorry, but I for one don't share that opinion at all based on many exchanges I've had with him. I have nothing against him personally, but I can think of few people that I'd less want to see moderating on any forum. Again, that's not meant as an insult to him; just stating my disagreement with you here--I'm sure *I* wouldn't make a good moderator. But I wouldn't want to be.

I really was hoping the "Liar's Corner" would become a forum to weed out the posters who are causing issues but it seems like this will be a hard thing to accomplish now. I highly doubt the admin has time to investigate everything and I fear more bickering as a result.
    Well there seems to be more bickering about lying now that this forum is here than it was before it was here. So IMO it's doing more to invite such bickering than helping the situation. I think the admin's goals were good though. I think the problem is that people generally take offense to being called a liar and it sometimes turns into an angry discussion. A forum dedicated to that invites such discussion, IMO.
    “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” - Reagan

"A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading."
    - C. S. Lewis

"I suffer more harassment as a former homosexual than I ever did as an out and proud homosexual." - Greg Quinlan, PFOX

Quote Originally Posted by jyoshu View Post
    Sorry, but I for one don't share that opinion at all based on many exchanges I've had with him. I have nothing against him personally, but I can think of few people that I'd less want to see moderating on any forum. Again, that's not meant as an insult to him; just stating my disagreement with you here--I'm sure *I* wouldn't make a good moderator. But I wouldn't want to be.
    He and I were moderators for a few days and I saw nothing but unbiased admin type actions from him.

He and I were moderators for a few days and I saw nothing but unbiased admin type actions from him.
    Thank you for that, and thank you for nominating me in the first place.