Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dane Accusation of Lying

Dane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    I still disagree Dane proved anything and I failed to see how I am lying about that.
    You can disagree, I provided evidence.
    Furthermore the source Dane posted here (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003931.htm) was not part of the evidence displayed in the thread in question: http://www.4forums.com/political/sho...&postcount=231
    Correct, that is new evidence.
    I'd also like to point out that Dane simply posted links to articles and did not provide areas of where to look to prove his/her point.
    It is the entire articles. They show and explain the process by which the nerve signals reach the brain's cortex and thus begins a process of interaction accross the brain's cortex in a pattern that is known as brain waves.
    I agree with Daewoo's view on the matter which I find to be convincing considering he never bothers to get into petty discussions like this.
    You agree with his misrepresentations and lies?
    I'm not quite sure how we get an official ruling on this, whether it be the admin or Kronus, but I'll look in to it and ask to review.
    Yes, please.

Dane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It looks to me that the argument is about what “brain waves” are and when do they start in fetuses. Since I think you’re talking about abortion, I’m guessing you’re trying to determine some kind of consciousness or brain activity.

Steeeeve’s definition seems to be any kind of electrical activity.
    Dane’s definition seems more based on neuron activity.

Steeeeve says brain waves start at 6 weeks
    Dane says 26 weeks

Does this sum up the argument?
    Only partially. The issue is that evidence was presented to steeeve, and he ignored it, making the same false claim. Repeating it is what made it a lie rather than just ignorance.

Dane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It looks to me Dane gave evidence of what brain waves are and when they start in a fetus. Steeeeve didn't buy it, so Steeeeve is still convinced of his position and is not lying.
    That certainly is NOT acceptable. A person can lie and ignore evidence to keep lying. Steeeve "not buying it" frankly doesn't count when evidence is presented.

If he can REFUTE that evidence, then he has a point. Ignoring it and making the same claim is lying.

This is obviously a waste of time.

It is clear that Dane is just going to be a poster that is attacking.

Dane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    This is obviously a waste of time.

It is clear that Dane is just going to be a poster that is attacking.
    Oh, you mean like it is clear that Steeeve is just going to be a poster that is lying?

Or are there any other reason for your post, like not dealing with how I showed you wrong here?

Dane Guest
    Daewoo, steeeve, admin???? Anybody actually addressing my points here? Sure seems like steeve's accusation is falling flat on its face here.

So the conclusion stands. AFTER you were presented with evidence about brainwaves, you persisted in claiming they were found at 6 weeks, which made your claim a lie.