Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Put Up or Shut Up Time, part II

Put Up or Shut Up Time, part II

T.Q posted a thread earlier that referenced a post where Archangel accused T.Q, me, and others of being dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    This definition of trolling PERFECTLY defines the baiting, abuse, insults and accusations of running away from debates based on some perceived cowardice or fear by child, TQ, electrolyte and even Kronus, whenever I have attempted to walk away from debates with them because their methods are so dishonest.

I challenge, for the umpteenth time, for Archangel to support his repeated assertions that I am dishonest. If I have been dishonest for even the smallest fraction of the instances that I've been accused of being dishonest, Archie should have no trouble posting multiple examples.
    Last edited by admin; 02-20-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added quote
    Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds. Biochemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds that crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    I challenge, for the umpteenth time, for Archangel to support his repeated assertions that I am dishonest.
    Despite the fact that Archangel has been on the forum and found the time to lie about my qualifications, insult my education, and (unsurprisingly) completely avoid the entire point of one of my posts, he has (for some inexplicable reason, of course) skipped this thread.
    Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds. Biochemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds that crawl.

Apparently, he is busy answering the others of your pack in the remaining seven attacks. No doubt there will be more. What a silly, childish bunch you atheists are.

Of all the things to put on what should be a polite venue, admin chooses to create a hate forum. It may be good to draw all you children to the same spot, but it doesn't seem to keep you from ruining other forums so it really does no good.

I noticed you gave him an hour an thirty-two minutes to respond before you became impatient. How kind of you!

If you feel guilty about being silly, perhaps you can delete this whole thread like your childish friend did the one he got waxed in.

Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by isly ilwott View Post
    Apparently, he is busy answering the others of your pack in the remaining seven attacks. No doubt there will be more. What a silly, childish bunch you atheists are.

Of all the things to put on what should be a polite venue, admin chooses to create a hate forum. It may be good to draw all you children to the same spot, but it doesn't seem to keep you from ruining other forums so it really does no good.

I noticed you gave him an hour an thirty-two minutes to respond before you became impatient. How kind of you!

If you feel guilty about being silly, perhaps you can delete this whole thread like your childish friend did the one he got waxed in.
    Thanks for speaking up isly, but to think that lyte would do anything more mature than a middle schooler is hoping for the impossible. And just watch him have an embolism when I ignore this thread on principle. One must keep them wanting more or they'll just take me for granted. Besides, I hate being redundant.

Also, this forum is just an experiment. When admin sees that it has no effect on how these thugs negatively impact the other forums, he'll do the right thing.

This is a proper use of this forum.

Archangel, you will need to show specific examples of where those posters are being dishonest.

Apparently, he is busy answering the others of your pack in the remaining seven attacks.
    Yet he had plenty of time to respond to even my tangential points in other posts?

No doubt there will be more.
    Yes, if Archangel doesn't stop lying, there will undoubtedly be more demands that he put up or shut up.

What a silly, childish bunch you atheists are.
    See Steeeeve's post.

I've backed up Archangel before when I felt that his silence was highlighted prematurely. The fact that Archangel was crawling the forums making plenty of posts and then disappeared without addressing mine elicited this comment, and it seems to me to be perfectly justified.

If I was actually being silly, perhaps I'd feel guilty. Fortunately for me, that's not a problem.

Thanks for speaking up isly, but to think that lyte would do anything more mature than a middle schooler is hoping for the impossible.
    But isly calls me immature...

And just watch him have an embolism when I ignore this thread on principle.
    So when other people accuse him of lying, Archangel jumps right in. When I demand that he back up his accusations of my dishonesty, he has a sudden bout of "principle" that keeps him from posting in the thread...
    Except that he does post in the thread. And accuses me of immaturity. And doesn't back up his accusations of my dishonesty. Must be that "principle."

Besides, I hate being redundant.
    It would only be redundant, Archie, if you had ever before shown where I have lied.

Also, this forum is just an experiment. When admin sees that it has no effect on how these thugs negatively impact the other forums, he'll do the right thing.
    Yeah, I don't think it'll do much either when the accusee plays the "I have so much principle that I refuse to support my lies about somebody else's dishonesty" card.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    This is a proper use of this forum.

Archangel, you will need to show specific examples of where those posters are being dishonest.
    Steeeeve, what if he refuses to do so?

Steeeeve, what if he refuses to do so?
    Then you win and he shouldn't call you dishonest any more and you will stop bringing it up.

admin

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Then you win and he shouldn't call you dishonest any more and you will stop bringing it up.

admin
    And if he doesn't stop calling me dishonest?

And if he doesn't stop calling me dishonest?
    I will warn him, and let him know that he has to stop or prove the accusation. If he continues doing it, I will eventually ban him. Hopefully this will not happen. My goal is to eliminate the accusations, and just have friendly debates. We will seldom change our opponents mind. But we might convince some of the people who read these debates and I believe a friendly discourse is usually more persuasive.

I will warn him, and let him know that he has to stop or prove the accusation. If he continues doing it, I will eventually ban him. Hopefully this will not happen. My goal is to eliminate the accusations, and just have friendly debates. We will seldom change our opponents mind. But we might convince some of the people who read these debates and I believe a friendly discourse is usually more persuasive.
    This is unlikely with serial users of dishonesty, particularly with those who refuse to fact check or bother to actually read what people write. I will keep reporting every instance where AA makes a accusation against someone without any evidence.
    "You are, of course, free to make your own calls on how much rationality you want to impose upon yourself." - Kronus

This liar's corner sure is a hot place, but it may be accomplishing your goal partly, by channeling the heat here, and partially taking it out of the other forums. I have another idea for another forum that could accomplish that goal too, for what it's worth. It could be a more general forum than this one, (not necessarily a replacement, just a supplement) to settle disputes, structured, yet non judged and non formal? Maybe another place to channel some of the nastiness?

My suggestion would be for one person to challenge another (any subject something they got into in one of the regular forums) and have a limited, one on one exchange about it. 3, 4, or 5 posts each, maybe 1000 or 1500 words maximum. (subject to changes if both parties agree) No time limits or any other special rules just let them go at it then close it after the 6th, 8th, or 10th post. No other posters allowed. Possibly a one or two week limit if one of them seems to have abandoned it, it could be closed as well. Or it could be prematurely closed by moderation if it got too nasty, with a note by moderation of which of the two caused it to be closed. Then any reader of it could make up their own mind about which one of them made the best points.

Just a thought - would probably need a few more details figured out.
    Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by obvious_child View Post
    This is unlikely with serial users of dishonesty, particularly with those who refuse to fact check or bother to actually read what people write. I will keep reporting every instance where AA makes a accusation against someone without any evidence.
    Have you ever had a long, friendly, respectable debate here, with anyone you disagreed with?

Here are three of mine;

My opponent was jaxian

My opponent was zachvac

My opponent was Another Opinion

People I disagreed with, that I debated back and fourth with for anywhere from 9 to about 15 or more posts each time, and we never got nasty with each other. I could probably find several more.

Have you ever done that once?
    Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by marc9000 View Post
    My suggestion would be for one person to challenge another (any subject something they got into in one of the regular forums) and have a limited, one on one exchange about it. 3, 4, or 5 posts each, maybe 1000 or 1500 words maximum. (subject to changes if both parties agree) No time limits or any other special rules just let them go at it then close it after the 6th, 8th, or 10th post. No other posters allowed. Possibly a one or two week limit if one of them seems to have abandoned it, it could be closed as well. Or it could be prematurely closed by moderation if it got too nasty, with a note by moderation of which of the two caused it to be closed. Then any reader of it could make up their own mind about which one of them made the best points.

Just a thought - would probably need a few more details figured out.
    I like the idea, anybody got any ideas for rules to control it?

Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marc9000 View Post
    Have you ever had a long, friendly, respectable debate here, with anyone you disagreed with?

Here are three of mine;

My opponent was jaxian

My opponent was zachvac

My opponent was Another Opinion

People I disagreed with, that I debated back and fourth with for anywhere from 9 to about 15 or more posts each time, and we never got nasty with each other. I could probably find several more.

Have you ever done that once?
    And Peeling and I had 2 separate respectable debates going in the evolution forum before both of them were hijacked and derailed by the same gang.

Archangel has recently reaffirmed his accusation that I am dishonest and a liar:

Yet he [electrolyte] constantly complains that I am calling him names without cause.
    Is this a denial that you call me dishonest, a liar, a hack, a presumptuous spaz, immoral, and a fraud? [bold added]
    Of course it isn't a denial, I have told the truth about you ...
    Archangel has said that he refuses to participate in this thread due to principle, but he is participating in this thread. Futhermore, any alleged principle would have Archangel either not calling honest posters liars or would have Archangel supporting his accusation.

I therefore reintroduce my challenge to Archangel to support his accusation that I am dishonest and a liar.

How many times is a poster allowed to make accusations while refusing to support them?