Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Close the borders...

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by obvious_child View Post
    It's a joke related to the TV show Stargate SG1. I don't actually know what the power bill is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's that high.



    What do you mean 'minimize' the cost? You do know that a large number of illegals work for less then minimum wage, allowing companies to charge less money? Like I said before, illegal work is deflationary. I don't see how this is a bad thing. Furthermore, $41 billion is nothing compared to the 1 year cost of Iraq and peanuts compared to medicare.

    Define 'open' borders.
    if i had a choice i would spend a couple of extra dollars more to buy something made in America or built by American citizens.

    41 billion? the u.s. poorly throws money around so to compare one example of poor spending to another example of poor spending does not make sense and is backward thinking.

    open borders to me are unguarded and unprotected much of it does not even have a fence i don't want to stop any legal travel. allot of people are unaware about how many people come here legally they only hear illegally and they figure we need to change our immigration laws to better accommodate immigrants. they want change and they don't even know what there changing. the truth is about 2 million people become legal citizens every year [CNN] if its so hard how did they figure out how to do it. exactly how much more do you want to raise this number? 10 million? at that growth rate plus are own we will reach well over a billion people in less than 100 years. do you think a farmer can grow 3.3X the number of food on the same size plot of land? do you think their will be a billion jobs? especially when more and more jobs are being replaced by automated machines and robotic manufactures? or maybe you wont mind birth restrictions at 1 per women and mandated abortions. do you think we will find a Stargate? many illegals come here for the right reasons and help our economy but the majority are like pirates and see America as just another port to pillage and plunder right now oow i like that I'm gonna change my signature right now.
    "many illegals come here for the right reasons and help our economy but the majority are like pirates and see America as just another port to pillage and plunder" -J.P. Donoghue

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,060
    Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking View Post


    closing the borders to random travel?
    That wouldn't go over well with all the hetero newlyweds who go to Niagra falls for their honeymoon. The best falls are on the Canadian side. Are you saying that the US should keep all its citizens in the country? If you are only talking about non US citizens then what if other countries retaliate and block entry into thier countries by US citizens?

    BUt I have a feeling that you are only talking about the border with Mexico. Alass the racism of those who are concerned with immigration.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

    "Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S View Post
    That wouldn't go over well with all the hetero newlyweds who go to Niagra falls for their honeymoon. The best falls are on the Canadian side. Are you saying that the US should keep all its citizens in the country? If you are only talking about non US citizens then what if other countries retaliate and block entry into thier countries by US citizens?

    BUt I have a feeling that you are only talking about the border with Mexico. Alass the racism of those who are concerned with immigration.
    He wasn't talking about tourism and traveling with appropriate documentation. I already clarified that.

    You are right about Niagra Falls. The Canadian side is WAY better.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

    "Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by ironcourage View Post
    if i had a choice i would spend a couple of extra dollars more to buy something made in America or built by American citizens.
    That's the lack of recession talking. And that's not the problem. And you can spend more dollars to buy American made. The problem is being forced to spend more for daily necessities. And you're pretty much ignoring the rest of the economics there.

    41 billion? the u.s. poorly throws money around so to compare one example of poor spending to another example of poor spending does not make sense and is backward thinking.
    Medicare isn't all about poor people. Furthermore, Iraq isn't a poverty issue.

    open borders to me are unguarded and unprotected much of it does not even have a fence i don't want to stop any legal travel. allot of people are unaware about how many people come here legally they only hear illegally and they figure we need to change our immigration laws to better accommodate immigrants. they want change and they don't even know what there changing. the truth is about 2 million people become legal citizens every year [CNN] if its so hard how did they figure out how to do it. exactly how much more do you want to raise this number? 10 million? at that growth rate plus are own we will reach well over a billion people in less than 100 years. do you think a farmer can grow 3.3X the number of food on the same size plot of land? do you think their will be a billion jobs? especially when more and more jobs are being replaced by automated machines and robotic manufactures? or maybe you wont mind birth restrictions at 1 per women and mandated abortions. do you think we will find a Stargate? many illegals come here for the right reasons and help our economy but the majority are like pirates and see America as just another port to pillage and plunder right now oow i like that I'm gonna change my signature right now.
    That was still pretty incoherent.
    "You are, of course, free to make your own calls on how much rationality you want to impose upon yourself." - Kronus

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S View Post
    That wouldn't go over well with all the hetero newlyweds who go to Niagra falls for their honeymoon. The best falls are on the Canadian side. Are you saying that the US should keep all its citizens in the country? If you are only talking about non US citizens then what if other countries retaliate and block entry into thier countries by US citizens?

    BUt I have a feeling that you are only talking about the border with Mexico. Alass the racism of those who are concerned with immigration.
    There's no racism involved in my desire to have people obey the laws. The racism gets attached by unenlightened people like yourself who see that it's essentially a single race that is blatantly thumbing their collective noses at the law, thereby making me (by some illogical mental process) a racist.

    If we're going to allow what is happening at the Mexican border to continue, we should scrap the immigration laws completely.

    Other countries have guest worker programs that seem to serve their intended purpose without letting the guest workers rape the economy and peace of the host nation. We need the guest workers and I am willing to pay them for their work. It's when an established community has to foot the bill for the medical and social needs of non-citizens (who pay little or no taxes into the system) and suffer from the DUI wrecks and other crimes committed by the illegal aliens that the illegality of their presence becomes an undeserved burden on law abiding citizens.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by obvious_child View Post
    That's the lack of recession talking. And that's not the problem. And you can spend more dollars to buy American made. The problem is being forced to spend more for daily necessities. And you're pretty much ignoring the rest of the economics there..
    i would not mind spending a few more dollars a day to buy necessities. every study ever done buy the U.S. and private economic experts show the more money spent in the country the higher our dollar rises and the better the economy and you get more for your dollar. this is the reason bush is giving 800 dollar tax cut to everyone.


    Quote Originally Posted by obvious_child View Post
    Medicare isn't all about poor people. Furthermore, Iraq isn't a poverty issue...
    i said nothing about poor people? i said the government spends money poorly the U.S. relies heavily on contractors for everything most of these contractors have no competition thus there able to charge the U.S. what ever they want until congress catches up if they do.



    Quote Originally Posted by obvious_child View Post
    That was still pretty incoherent.
    if you want to interpret words i suggest you take up poetry or tax law. if you read my post as their written and not scramble my words you will find reason research and logic something you do not bring into the argument. you have brought hostility attitude and insult none of which belong in a debate.

    i admit their are some Minor grammar errors in some of my posts. my post are far from incoherent and they are all relevant to the discussion . from now on i will take any personal insult as an absolute victory as you are at a loss of arguments and cannot stay on topic.
    Last edited by ironcourage; 01-24-2008 at 09:08 PM.
    "many illegals come here for the right reasons and help our economy but the majority are like pirates and see America as just another port to pillage and plunder" -J.P. Donoghue

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by ironcourage View Post
    i would not mind spending a few more dollars a day to buy necessities. every study ever done buy the U.S. and private economic experts show the more money spent in the country the higher our dollar rises and the better the economy and you get more for your dollar. this is the reason bush is giving 800 dollar tax cut to everyone.
    *sigh* the illiteracy of economics seems to be spreading. Simply spending more dollars doesn't increase the value of the dollar. Especially when these dollars are created from nothing. A key cause of inflation is adding more money to the money supply without adding corresponding assets and wealth to the country at the same time. And Bush's tax cuts is flawed for several reasons. The rich do not have the same spending multipliers as the poor and the poor/middle class who are going to get essentially nothing out of the next tax cut as they did with the previous ones have a much higher spending multiplier then the rich do, especially in the current situation. The only real benefit the tax cut has is increasing confidence that the economy doesn't suck, which leads to the underlying basis for capitalistic economies: consumer confidence.

    i said nothing about poor people? i said the government spends money poorly the U.S. relies heavily on contractors for everything most of these contractors have no competition thus there able to charge the U.S. what ever they want until congress catches up if they do.
    Alright, apparently I misunderstood you. And that only applies for a few situations, namely Iraq and satellite launching (read: Boeing Scandals)

    if you want to interpret words i suggest you take up poetry or tax law. if you read my post as their written and not scramble my words you will find reason research and logic something you do not bring into the argument. you have brought hostility attitude and insult none of which belong in a debate.

    i admit their are some Minor grammar errors in some of my posts. my post are far from incoherent and they are all relevant to the discussion . from now on i will take any personal insult as an absolute victory as you are at a loss of arguments and cannot stay on topic.
    Advice:

    1) Use paragraphs
    2) Clean up your logic
    3) Make bridges between arguments that make sense
    4) Try to avoid stream of thought posts

    I don't know if you're right or wrong. Frankly I don't really understand what you're getting at. That last one appeared as if you were somewhat inebriated.
    "You are, of course, free to make your own calls on how much rationality you want to impose upon yourself." - Kronus

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12

    Not to Mention MONEY....

    Closing The Borders will take a lot of time, thats for sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •