Thread: Fathers' rights

Fathers' rights

Should fathers have equal to their children, if they are split up from their wives?

peteratwar Guest
    Assuming both parents have been together for some time bringing up their children and given no history of abuse etc why not ?

The child presumably still loves them both. It is often bad enough for the child to face a split. No reason to make it worse.

However if the child is a result of some casual moment and the parents have had nothing to do with each other then that may be different.

Isn't a question which has any absolute answer.

whateversd2 Guest

Exclamation NO equal rights

Fathers do not have equal rights as States make money off of federal grants for collection of child support, low income housing, and medicade.

The 'mother' was jailed yet did not lose custody. Children were passed around to friends and relatives and the State did not notify the father of the incarceration. In fact the State kept it out of the daily record of the local paper. The mother for the last 10 years is an admitted alcoholic who uses that to avoid losing custody. Google southdakotagov.info Lyngstad jailed. One of the children went to the emergency room and child protection sealed the investigation on why. Bets are on that one of the 'boyfriends' the mother drags home will molest and/or rape one of the daughters. After all State legislators were caught molesting children and one was put in prison.

Yes, fathers should be able to have equal rights to the custody of their children. The idea that all women are naturally maternal and make better parents than men is a ridiculous generalisation to make, which seriously needs some changes. Everything in custody cases should be done in the child's best interests. Assuming that a woman is going to be better for the job of raising a child alone just based on her gender is, frankly, infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by thejohn View Post
    Should fathers have equal to their children, if they are split up from their wives?
    Absolutely. Even worse are the rights of unmarried fathers, who seem to have no rights whatsoever just because they never married the mother of the child. I completely believe that fathers can be just as good parents as mothers, even better in some cases.

But everything is mother centred when it comes to parenting, for example, why are Baby Changing areas always within the womens toilets? What are men supposed to do if they take out their baby themselves? Off topic I know but it's infuriating!

Quote Originally Posted by paw_x View Post
    Absolutely. Even worse are the rights of unmarried fathers, who seem to have no rights whatsoever just because they never married the mother of the child. I completely believe that fathers can be just as good parents as mothers, even better in some cases.

But everything is mother centred when it comes to parenting, for example, why are Baby Changing areas always within the womens toilets? What are men supposed to do if they take out their baby themselves? Off topic I know but it's infuriating!
    No, I completely agree. It's frustrating from a woman's point of view also. Does this mean that if a father and mother take their child out somewhere, it's solely the woman's responsibility to take care of the child?

Things should definitely be levelled when it comes to parenting.