Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75

Thread: If I were president. God, please help us :)

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post

    I think Obama has a plan , much like the Clinton plan, that would turn the economy around and get this country back on track again. But in 2010 America was dealt a serious XXXX by way of the Tea party taking control of Congress.
    <Flush>

    That imbecile Obama and his left wing psychos are bankrupting the country. They had control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency, so they had their chance. The people of America didn't like what they were doing and took the House away from them. And rightly so.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    <Flush>

    That imbecile Obama and his left wing psychos are bankrupting the country. They had control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency, so they had their chance. The people of America didn't like what they were doing and took the House away from them. And rightly so.
    As we can see from the reality of the situation in Washington it's not Obama that is "bankrupting" this country. The GOP is being taken over by the Economic Terrorists with their " No Tax" agenda, and intentionally sabotaging the economy . Obama hasn't been allowed to spend Money.. so tell me how he is bankrupting anything?.. Once we run the Teabaggers out of Washington and take back over the House you'll see the economy come back around.. We know the GOP is never going to do it though.
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    <Flush>

    That imbecile Obama and his left wing psychos are bankrupting the country. They had control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency, so they had their chance. The people of America didn't like what they were doing and took the House away from them. And rightly so.
    The GOP can't seem to find a candidate that isn't as dumb as a box of hair.

    One by one each has reveals their stupidity and or weirdness.

    You butt heads better find somebody quick if you want Obama out of the white house, but you people are probably to dumb to do that.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    As we can see from the reality of the situation in Washington it's not Obama that is "bankrupting" this country. The GOP is being taken over by the Economic Terrorists with their " No Tax" agenda, and intentionally sabotaging the economy . Obama hasn't been allowed to spend Money.. so tell me how he is bankrupting anything?.. Once we run the Teabaggers out of Washington and take back over the House you'll see the economy come back around.. We know the GOP is never going to do it though.
    I ask you again. Who controls 2/3rds of the federal government again?

    There are 62 members of the Tea Party Caucus in the House. That's roughly 14% which is inline with the number of people identifying themselves as Tea Party members.

    If Obama is controlled by 14% of the House than perhaps that says more about Obama than it does about the Tea Party.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    You butt heads better find somebody quick ...
    Good to know you resort to 3rd grade insults, booger face.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    I ask you again. Who controls 2/3rds of the federal government again?

    There are 62 members of the Tea Party Caucus in the House. That's roughly 14% which is inline with the number of people identifying themselves as Tea Party members.

    If Obama is controlled by 14% of the House than perhaps that says more about Obama than it does about the Tea Party.
    Sorry, that dog don't hunt....

    62 Members is enough to cause the deadlock we now have in Washington. Not to mention that the economic terrorists have also taken over the Senate by way of the Filibuster. The Democrats might have a Majority in the Senate but they don't have a 60 vote Majority, and then there is a few turncoat Democrats as well....

    This says nothing about Obama or his ability to lead. They make no secret of the fact that they want Obama out of office.. but then again they have wanted this since the day he was elected, it's not like they ever tried to work with him to get things done.
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    62 Members is enough to cause the deadlock we now have in Washington. Not to mention that the economic terrorists have also taken over the Senate by way of the Filibuster. The Democrats might have a Majority in the Senate but they don't have a 60 vote Majority, and then there is a few turncoat Democrats as well....
    You are suggesting that 14% can cause deadlock? Bullsh*t. It only takes 50%+1 to pass something in the house. The remaining 370+ representatives can do whatever the hell they want.

    Sounds to me like you're just a bigot.

    This says nothing about Obama or his ability to lead.
    Yes it does. Say what you want about W Bush but he convinced Congress to invade Iraq with nothing more than a picture of a shack in the desert. If the leader can't get people to get inline than that's on the leader. Every president faces obstruction from the "other side". The Democrats called for Bush to be a one-term president since he was elected and yet was still able to pass a lot WITH democrat help. He didn't have 60 seats nor did he have the senate for the first 2 years (and last 2 had no body of congress).

    You're talking about a president who had the House and 59-60 seats in the Senate for 2 years and couldn't even pass a healthcare bill that democrats have wanted for decades.

    Frankly this president's leadership skills are embarrassing which is why he is compared to Jimmy Carter. People may not like Clinton or Bush Jr. policies but they certainly had better leadership skills than this fool.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    You are suggesting that 14% can cause deadlock? Bullsh*t. It only takes 50%+1 to pass something in the house. The remaining 370+ representatives can do whatever the hell they want.
    Sounds to me like you're just a bigot.
    Ok let's do a little simple math, Maybe it will help you understand.

    Democrats in the House.. 193
    Republicans in the House( including Economic Terrorists).. 242

    Minus 67 Economic Terrorists.. = 165 Repugs..

    Boehnor couldn't get anything passed or stop anything from getting passed without his team of Economic Terrorists .. So yes.. 14 % of the House is responsible for the Deadlock...



    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Yes it does. Say what you want about W Bush but he convinced Congress to invade Iraq with nothing more than a picture of a shack in the desert. If the leader can't get people to get inline than that's on the leader. Every president faces obstruction from the "other side". The Democrats called for Bush to be a one-term president since he was elected and yet was still able to pass a lot WITH democrat help. He didn't have 60 seats nor did he have the senate for the first 2 years (and last 2 had no body of congress).
    it has been shown that Bush Lied to the American People and he Lied to Congress in order to get his wars. That wasn't "Leadership".. it was lying to get his way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    You're talking about a president who had the House and 59-60 seats in the Senate for 2 years and couldn't even pass a healthcare bill that democrats have wanted for decades.
    Frankly this president's leadership skills are embarrassing which is why he is compared to Jimmy Carter. People may not like Clinton or Bush Jr. policies but they certainly had better leadership skills than this fool.
    And as I stated before there were Democratic turncoats who would not work with Obama any more than the Economic terrorists will. Clinton was able to work with the other side because at the time the GOP actually had real politicians who knew how to Govern. They knew that Compromise was necessary to move the Country forward, it had little to do with Clinton Leadership Abilities. The XXXXXX we have in Washington now don't have the first clue how to Govern. They for the most part work for Grover Norquist and the Koch brothers to Protect the Top 1 % of the Country...

    Sounds to me like the only Bigot here is the one you see in the mirror.,...
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,972
    I think it is naive to believe there are not congresspeople of both parties--but mostly Republicans by a wide margin--who simply will NOT give this president ANYTHING, even legislation they themselves would otherwise support, for the sole reason that he is black, good of the country be damned.
    McKown's Law: "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."

    "We are to find God in what we know, not in what we don't know"
    --Dietrich Bonfhoeffer

    "I don't go to mythical places with strange men." -- Douglas Adams

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,645
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWriteLA View Post
    I think it is naive to believe there are not congresspeople of both parties--but mostly Republicans by a wide margin--who simply will NOT give this president ANYTHING, even legislation they themselves would otherwise support, for the sole reason that he is black, good of the country be damned.
    This is something liberals say because they can't fathom people actually not wanting to take their advice.

    Whatever makes you sleep at night.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Ok let's do a little simple math, Maybe it will help you understand.

    Democrats in the House.. 193
    Republicans in the House( including Economic Terrorists).. 242

    Minus 67 Economic Terrorists.. = 165 Repugs..

    Boehnor couldn't get anything passed or stop anything from getting passed without his team of Economic Terrorists .. So yes.. 14 % of the House is responsible for the Deadlock...
    Because the democrats are going to oppose the republicans 100% of the time and not work with them?

    it has been shown that Bush Lied to the American People and he Lied to Congress in order to get his wars. That wasn't "Leadership".. it was lying to get his way.
    There are lots of good leaders who are not good people or have good goals. At the end of the day, Bush got his ideas implemented and Obama simply can't. It's embarrassing and 100% his fault for being a bad leader.

    And as I stated before there were Democratic turncoats who would not work with Obama any more than the Economic terrorists will.
    Yeah, that would be Obama's fault for not leading and getting it done anyway.

    Clinton was able to work with the other side because at the time the GOP actually had real politicians who knew how to Govern.
    No, it was because he knew when and how to strong-arm, how to use the media, how to use the public, and how to get your way. Obama lacks that. The personality of congressman hasn't changed in 30 years.

    Is it more likely that we went from 435 reps who are willing to pass something to 435 reps who can't pass gas without arguing it because we voted 435 XXXXXX in at once OR is it more likely that we just voted in ONE XXXXX of a president who can't lead. Judging from the Carter years, which you obviously weren't around for, I'm putting my money on the person who can't lead.

    They for the most part work for Grover Norquist and the Koch brothers to Protect the Top 1 % of the Country...
    Ha, go grab a tent.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    This is something liberals say because they can't fathom people actually not wanting to take their advice.

    Whatever makes you sleep at night.
    No Liberals say this because it is true. There was a Piece on MSNBC , ( yeah I know it's a Liberal Channel) But they showed Video Clips of a bunch of various republicans speaking to various audiences.. Every one of these REPUBLICANS were saying the same thing...such as..

    " What we need to create jobs is investing in Infrastructure"..
    " The Key to Job Creation is INFRASTRUCTURE"...

    And they went on and on about how Republicans have always supported spending on INFRASTRUCTURE....

    yet tomorrow or Friday there will be a vote on INFRASTRUCTURE spending and I'll lay money not a single republican votes for it... Because it's part of Obama's Jobs bill.

    Anyone with a brain can clearly see that the current GOP make up is the problem within our Government. They won't allow Obama to do anything because they know that the things he is asking for will work, like they have in the past... and We all know they can't give Obama a win.
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    from the Carter years, which you obviously weren't around for, I'm putting my money on the person who can't lead.
    You assume way too much. I was around for Carter, I'm just not one of those who thinks he was such a bad President. Maybe not the greatest but he was heads above our last 2 Republican Presidents...

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Ha, go grab a tent.
    Don't need one, I own a house.
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    No Liberals say this because it is true. There was a Piece on MSNBC , ( yeah I know it's a Liberal Channel) But they showed Video Clips of a bunch of various republicans speaking to various audiences.. Every one of these REPUBLICANS were saying the same thing...such as..

    " What we need to create jobs is investing in Infrastructure"..
    " The Key to Job Creation is INFRASTRUCTURE"...

    And they went on and on about how Republicans have always supported spending on INFRASTRUCTURE....

    yet tomorrow or Friday there will be a vote on INFRASTRUCTURE spending and I'll lay money not a single republican votes for it... Because it's part of Obama's Jobs bill.

    Anyone with a brain can clearly see that the current GOP make up is the problem within our Government. They won't allow Obama to do anything because they know that the things he is asking for will work, like they have in the past... and We all know they can't give Obama a win.
    yes! Clearly racism!!

    Like I said....it's because liberals can't fathom people thinking their ideas are terrible.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    You assume way too much. I was around for Carter, I'm just not one of those who thinks he was such a bad President. Maybe not the greatest but he was heads above our last 2 Republican Presidents..
    I'd say you are in the minority on that one. If you don't think Carter was bad than no wonder you love Obama. Both failed as leaders but if that's your thing, as it seems to be for you, than go ahead and vote for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •